<$BlogRSDUrl$>
About | Our Addictions | the Monkey House | JJ's Special Blend
Where you're either looking for a fix, or just plain bananas

There's not enough sugar in the world to make these lemons lemonade

Thursday, July 06, 2006
written by Java Junkie

Last night, sometime during the night, the world became a much darker, colder, sadder place. My Aunt called me this morning to tell me that my Grandmother, hands down the sweetest most gentle, wonderful woman in the world, passed away sometime last night. The entire world should morn the loss of this woman - who never said a bad word about anyone, who always had a smile and more love to give than anyone would ever need. She loved ice cream, and little chotchkies from garage sales, and clowns and funky hats and San Fransisco.

I literally think this woman is the sweetest, kindest, most wonderful woman that ever walked the face of the Earth. I can't even tell you how much I love and will miss her. I'll write more when I can stop crying. If you read this, please think of this blessing of a woman that you didn't get a chance to know. Heaven now has more sunshine in it.
10:29 AM ::
6 Comments:
  • I wrote a short post today and put in a link to here so people can come here and read another tribute to Grandma and leave their condolences if they want. I am so sad, so numb, as I'm sure you are as well. Call me anytime.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM  
  • Oh, I am so sorry you are having such a rough summer! Grandmas are the best, aren't they? I am actually drafting a post talking about my grandmother, who died five years ago, because she too was just wonderful, my favourite relative, and sorely missed.

    By Blogger kittenpie, at 4:06 PM  
  • I just had this great little comment typed out, and my computer flipped out. So anyway...
    Geez, your family's been through a lot in a really short time. I hope when things calm down a little you'll all have time to start healing. I lost my amazing grandmothers 4 and 6 years ago, and think about them all the time. When I really start reminiscing about them I typically start crying because I miss them so much, but the crying jags get a little further apart as time goes on. Keep remembering your grandma, and write down a bunch of stories of things she did, etc. for you to look back on later or to share with the kiddos (I wish I'd had a tape recorder at my grandparents' memorial service buffets - I learned so much about them from little anecdotes, jokes, etc.).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 PM  
  • Definitely not enough sugar.

    By Blogger BoomBoom, at 4:54 PM  
  • I am so sorry! I wish there was something I could do or say to make the bad things just stop happening! I will be thinking of you!

    By Blogger Radioactive Tori, at 10:32 PM  
  • I'm so sorry. You know where I am if you want to talk. ((hugs))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home
permalink