<$BlogRSDUrl$>
About | Our Addictions | the Monkey House | JJ's Special Blend
Where you're either looking for a fix, or just plain bananas

Paintin' in Pajamas

Saturday, July 15, 2006
written by Java Junkie

Today was hot and muggy.. Mostly muggy. In fact I tried to take Parker out into the yard to play and the water that's been sogging our yard for days now was so warm it almost felt like bath water. It was so warm it creeped me out. As in "I hope this isn't backed up sewage of some sort.."

But that didn't stop me from breaking out the finger paints, poster board and super clever and chic egg carton paint holder for Parker's first experience with finger paints. Technically what he's wearing is pajamas but they're a very light, breezy material that clearly would hide any paint that might not wash out. I share this with you now.



An Artist at work.




Of COURSE we had to taste it




And then we had to see how it looked on US.





Then we had to listen to the paints and see what THEY wanted to become.




And do our best to help them realize their dream.




We had a wonderful time. But, as all 18 month old's do, we eventually got distracted by the jillion other things in the yard and I had to pull my protesting toddler back inside (remember, I didn't know *exactly* what was in the water that laid in inches over my yard. I'm sure there was at least dog poo from our neighbor's dog since we sort of share yards and I do NOT want my child walking and playing in Dog Poo Stew.)







Tomorrow maybe we'll tackle Play Doh.







For anyone who's interested there are these, plus a few more shots in 1024x680 shots (so that some crazy old guy would stop complaining about how to get "these women to post something larger than 400x300 on flickr?" :P ) on my flickr account.

1:04 AM ::
9 Comments:
  • oh cuteness!
    But I think I might have gone all naked baby on this experiment - easier to wash!

    We were swimming at the old swimming hole (wading pool at the park) this morning and having a great time. Ah, the hot hazy days of summer, no?

    By Blogger kittenpie, at 3:16 PM  
  • Play doh all morning here... weather report hot and muggy even here. Hot, lazy, antisocial weather. But doing well otherwise.

    By Blogger mariluna, at 1:53 PM  
  • Too Cute.. Thanks I needed that!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 PM  
  • I LOVE that photo of him listening to the egg carton!! What a cutie pie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 AM  
  • Such a cutie! I love fun days like this!

    By Blogger Radioactive Tori, at 1:55 PM  
  • love the pics kiddo,
    some crazy old guy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:53 PM  
  • great photos!

    It's like, I can almost "taste" the paint...

    By Blogger Creative-Type Dad, at 8:08 PM  
  • What a CUTIE!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 PM  
  • Really lovely pics! Oh the innocence of childhood.

    By Blogger cara, at 5:14 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home
permalink