<$BlogRSDUrl$>
About | Our Addictions | the Monkey House | JJ's Special Blend
Where you're either looking for a fix, or just plain bananas

Should I cry or scream? Aka May the Begging Begin!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006
written by Java Junkie

I've been trying to find a problem in some CSS coding that I'm working on (new blog design) for over a week and I just can't find it. I've run it through two analyzers and they come up with nothing. The problem? The page is only scrolling just so far, which isn't very far at all (about 2 short posts worth) and then stops no matter how many posts are below that point. It's driving me insane. I know it's just got to be something I'm over looking, something that as my eye skims the code it just jumps right over. But for the life of me I can't find it.

If you or anyone you know is versed in CSS and are willing to take a look I'd be forever in your debt. Just leave any contact info in a comment to this post and I'll email asap.
10:19 AM ::
7 Comments:
  • I could help you with CSI info, but CSS is outside my my area of expertise.

    Pros

    Check email much?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  
  • lol!

    Only when I'm expecting something :P

    logging on now. :)

    By Blogger Java Junkie, at 10:40 AM  
  • I'm sure it is either a comma, a quote mark, or some type of bracket symbol right? That is what always get me in my SQLs.

    By Blogger mariluna, at 8:56 AM  
  • Nah the analyzers would have caught that. There was one error on the page but it had to do with an image (had no alt tag) so it was unrelated. I was actually happy and frustrated at the same time that the analyzers didn't come up with anything. Considering it's my first CSS coding, I'm pretty proud that my only error was just an over looked html tag lol

    By Blogger Java Junkie, at 11:30 AM  
  • Not being able to see the definitive source or the included files/styles, I'm only guessing here... but what do you have "overflow" set to? Setting it to "auto" or to "scroll" might do what you want. You could possibly just set "outside" to "overflow:auto;" and it might leave the rest of the page as is, but allow the middle blog-post space to be scrolled up/down.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:32 PM  
  • Tried it, denied. :/ I'm currently going through tag by tag. It sounds, and is, arduous but at least I'm making the other changes that I want to make that I keep saying "I'll do this after I fix..." :D

    Oh and the source code you see is the code I see.

    And tanks behbeh, at least I know I'm not retarded now. :)

    I have a feeling that it has something to do with the tags at the bottom for the main area. I'm currently trying to compare them with the current template that I'm using since that DOES work, but because CSS and blog templates seem to be almost completely different animals from coder to coder, it's a bit of a task. :)

    By Blogger Java Junkie, at 9:31 AM  
  • Jesus sissy, you scared me with that Making Babies line! Don't do that!

    But your baby fruit is awfully adorable.

    By Blogger Table4Five, at 8:10 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home
permalink