<$BlogRSDUrl$>
About | Our Addictions | the Monkey House | JJ's Special Blend
Where you're either looking for a fix, or just plain bananas

Fate, I know thy name! Or.. I dahda towd

Monday, May 22, 2006
written by Java Junkie

I was suppose to go up to see my family, and more specifically my Daddy this weekend. I was suppose to see my sister for the first time in 20+ years. I was suppose to smother Muffinest with pink lipstick kiss marks. But I didn't.

Monkey only gets one out of every four weekends off, so trips home are somewhat carefully orchestrated. Not the time that we're there, per say, but more just going. I make sure that I will be able to see as many of the people I love as I can. My Tover's family, my Dad, my (step) Mom, my Grandma and Grandpa.. You get the point. This weekend my Dad specifically asked if I could come up and see him, so the whole trip was sort of about him. There were only 2 other "people" I really wanted to make sure I saw. Niki and my Tover's family, specifically da Muffinest who looks like she's growing way too fast for Auntie JJ's liking ;)

Unfortunately my Dad had forgotten that he had asked us up and scheduled gigs and would essentially not be around all weekend. He asked if we could come up in another couple of weeks. Monkey would have to switch with someone but it shouldn't be a huge problem. But I so wanted to see my Sister and my Tover's family. I downheartedly made the call to my Sister to inform her I wouldn't be coming up for another two weeks. She was very understanding about it, but I could tell she was bummed. I was too. Until the next morning.

Friday morning came like Friday morning's do. Parker wakes us up when his voice comes over the monitor, either playing with Raul or crying to be let down out of his crib. When I cracked my eye open I noticed I was itching my wrist. Then I noticed, when I moved my hand away, there was a blotchy rash that looked a little like Poison Ivy. Oh great. So I placed a HUGE band aid on it so that it wouldn't inadvertently touch Parker or anything Parker touched, washed my hands and got him up for the day. By the end of the day, however, there was no band aid big enough. The rash now covers my face, neck, some of my chest and both arms. When I say cover, I do mean cover. Front to back, top to bottom. Even my ears have rash on them. Needless to say this is NOT how I want my long lost sister to see me for the first time in 20 years, with creeping crud all over my face.

Since Monkey switched his NEXT weekend off to get the first week in June off, he still had this weekend off. A small town about a half an hour drive from here was having a "community" garage sale so we headed out there after my morning nap. *Sniffle* We had a blast *sniff* for the most part. After a few hours of walking around, however *sniiiiff* we were ready to come home. Monkey was suffering from a bad stomach and *sniff* I was starting to feel cold and achy, probably from walking around all morning because that tends to happen when I do too much. *Sniff* or NOT. By the time Sunday morning rolled around I had a full blown head and chest cold. Coughing, blowing my stuffy nose, I slept most of the day while Monkey angelically took care of Parker and Lou kept his noise level down.

So here I am, rash covering my face, snot dripping out of my nose, eye crusties gooing up my vision. I'm truly a sight to behold. Not to mention that mother nature decided to NOT postpone her monthly visit for a week this weekend, so you can add bloated and crampy to that list. While I really and truly and desperately want to see my Sister, I want to give Fate a big, cootie free hug for bringing things together in such a way as to keep the monstrosity that I am this weekend away from her. Thanks Fate, I owe ya one. ;)
10:48 AM ::
7 Comments:
  • Oh my goodness. I wrote my blog entry before I read this. I am so sorry you are feeling so crummy.

    By Blogger mariluna, at 1:38 PM  
  • Oh it's not so bad, really. :) I'm just glad that the first time I see you after all these years I'm not going to (hopefully lol) have a rash from forehead to chest! lol

    By Blogger Java Junkie, at 6:29 PM  
  • Um, YUCK. Feel better soon.

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 7:45 PM  
  • Hope your feeling better :) Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 PM  
  • Oh, HONEY! I'm so sorry. Do you have any idea what the rash is? I didn't realize you were going to see "Moonshadow" last weekend. I hope that works out soon for you, how exciting! Feel better, Sis. Love ya :)

    By Blogger Table4Five, at 10:41 PM  
  • oh, poor you! I hope you are feeling better by now, since I am coming in late...

    And you're probably right about fate here, since nothing is worse than being sick away from home. All you want at that point is your OWN BED!

    By Blogger kittenpie, at 9:58 AM  
  • Thanks :) I am :) Rash has subsided some, though not enough to convince me it was the pillow after all, and the cold is completely gone so that's like a new record for shortest cold ever for me over the last 8 years lol! Thanks for the well wishes :) and you're SO right about the bed thing. No one wants to be sick and sleeping on a pull out couch, I don't care WHAT their normal disposition is lol.

    word verification: woha

    lol

    By Blogger Java Junkie, at 7:37 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home
permalink